The next 17 years see a rise in the aging process of baby boomers. It’s also seen that the number of aging people will continue to rise in the next 10-12 years. This scenario has also seen a rise in community health and social service programs for older adults.
Professional health services for the elderly offered by aged care consultants include:
- Care coordination
- Crisis intervention
In addition, specialised aged care consultants offer services such as:
- Social work
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Healthcare services
The guidance provided by the knowledge and skill of aged care management consultants provides excellent resources for the elderly to support their independence and dignity. Their understanding of the family dynamic complexities of taking care of an elderly loved one makes them the best experts.
The domains that aged care management consultants are knowledgeable in include:
- Health and disability
- Local community resources
- Crisis intervention
Collaborative work between financial planners/advisors, lawyers, aged care consultants, and physicians ensure the proper working of the above domains.
How to know that an Individual Needs Intervention from Aged Care Management Consultants
- Family conflict related to decisions on living and health care
- Lack of regular monitoring and assistance with family members living far away
- Concerns about possible financial abuse or exploitation
- Family members unable to properly care for an elderly family member
- Signs of forgetfulness and changes in personality or appearance
- Mobility problems that prevent him/her from being mobile
- An older spouse that is being burdened with daily caring for the other spouse
- Experience difficulty in managing medical needs and follow-ups due to multiple health problems and medical providers
- Recent emotional loss of a spouse/partner/loved one
- Needing to keep track of different maintenance medications every day
Top Reasons for Working with Aged Care Management Consultants
The multiple benefits of working with aged care management consultants include:
They provide optimum coordination
The optimum coordination provided by aged care management consultants brings optimum outcomes for both family members and medical providers. Early assessment and monitoring are always the best option as opposed to crisis intervention which may be too late. The best prevention coordination for any elderly family member is provided when family members opt to work with an aged care management consultant.
They provide personal and dignified care
The personalised planning and monitoring services provided by an aged care consultant to an aging adult maximise functioning and independence. The benefits provided by an aged care consultant include:
- Affordable service
- Comprehensive assessment of the life care needs of the elderly relative including psycho-social, medical, home, financial, and legal.
- Create effective care intervention strategies in supporting the current and future well-being of an individual.
Affordable aged care is provided at the right time and all the time
Investing in the services of an aged care management consultant at the outset protects families from unnecessary expenses, reduction of ER visits, and improper facility placements. The proactive home evaluation and personal safety measures provided by the aged care consultant prevent or reduces possible health risks from happening.
Caring for an elderly loved one can become an overwhelming task for any family. Contact us at Health Gen to know more.